Your baby’s birthday is one of the most important days of your life, and you want it to be perfect.
That is why the UF Health Birth Center has listened to midwives and mothers-to-be and created a unique center offering a comfortable, calming, home-like environment where mothers can give birth in a soothing setting with their loved ones and family around them.
The center offers:
- Family-centered prenatal care for low risk women
- 24/7 midwifery service call
- Consult and/or collaboration with UF Health Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Personal midwife and birth assistant/labor support throughout active labor, birth and postpartum
- Hydrotherapy and water birth
- Birth center birth with private suite including heated spa tub and shower
- Use of family living room and kitchenette
- On-site ambulance with transfer services to UF Health Jacksonville as needed
- Continuity of care with nurse midwives for hospital birth if needed or desired
- Newborn assessment
- Postpartum care
- Family planning
- Well-woman care
- Childbirth and wellness education, with referrals to community resources such as doulas, classes, photographers, chiropractic care, etc.
The guidelines of the center are simple — it is offered to women with low-risk, normal pregnancies. An ongoing risk assessment is completed during each visit.
More information is available at http://ufhealthjax.org/birth-center