UF Health North offers a comprehensive occupational medicine program for employers in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
UF Health Occupational Medicine is staffed by board-certified physicians who work closely with nearly 400 other UF physicians in more than 100 subspecialties spanning 30 sites in the region.
Led by medical director Robert Chapa, MD, the team has more than 25 years of experience treating and managing the care of injured workers.
Benefits of UF Health Occupational Medicine
UF Health physicians have the knowledge and experience to treat even the most complex work-related injuries with team-based, comprehensive care. Coordination with other specialists and use of the most advanced technology available enables UF Health Occupational Medicine to offer a full range of programs and services with timely access to highly integrated diagnostic services and treatment. This ensures the best possible outcome for patients and employers.
UF Health partners with employers to:
- Create safer work environments
- Improve health and well-being of employees through injury prevention programs and wellness education
- Maintain or improve productivity and profitability with plans tailored to the specific needs of a company
- Increase employee productivity with expedited return to work
- Annual physicals (DOT, sports, school)
- Executive physicals
- Insurance physicals (disability, life)
- Active military and veteran physicals
Employment Injury and Illness
- Worker’s Compensation services
- Case management and specialty referrals
- Audiometric testing (baseline, periodic, exit)
- Environmental exposure evaluation
- Hazardous materials exposure testing
- Modified duty consults
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Respirator testing (baseline, periodic, exit)
- Return-to-work evaluations
- Pulmonary function
Drug and Alcohol Employer Services
- DOT and non-DOT drug/alcohol testing
- Instant drug tests
- Full forensics laboratory
- Employer health fairs and wellness programs
- Injury prevention education
- On-site imaging (X-rays, CT, MRI, ultrasound)
- Full service laboratory
- Electrocardiograms and exercise treadmill testing
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Medical record retrieval
For more information about our services and how we can develop a program to meet your company’s needs, call 844.383.1440.