Featuring the latest advances in surgical technology
UF Health North features a large outpatient surgery center that includes five operating rooms, two gastrointestinal endoscopy rooms and two interventional cardiology and radiology rooms. The center also includes 16 private preoperative rooms, a 16-bay post-anesthesia care unit and 12 private recovery rooms for patients requiring extended recoveries.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
General visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The staff at UF Health North will work with you to accommodate your needs.
The main entrance is open Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visitors arriving after hours should go through the emergency room entrance and obtain visitor passes at the security desk.
All visitors are asked to observe the following guidelines:
- After 9 p.m., only one visitor pass will be provided for a patient who remains in extended recovery.
- UF Health North is a tobacco-free campus. Please do not smoke or use other tobacco products.
Complimentary valet service is available 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Free parking is also available in the parking lot adjacent to the medical office building.
- Breast surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic and open repairs for inguinal, ventral and umbilical hernias
- Thyroid surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic hysteroscopy
- Uterine ablation
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Dental extractions
- Myringotomy (ear tubes)
- Jaw surgery
- Lipoma or growth removal
- Sinus surgery
Orthopaedic Surgery and Podiatry
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Foot surgery for bunions and hammertoes
- Fracture repairs and revisions of the hand, wrist and ankle
- Hand surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and de Quervain’s disease
- Knee surgery (diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopy and ACL repair)
- Open and arthroscopic shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repairs and subacromial decompression
- Tendon repairs
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Breast augmentation or reduction
- Eyelid surgery
- Scar revisions
- Tendon and soft-tissue repairs
- Vein stripping
Urogynecology (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Anterior and posterior repairs
- Bladder suspension (including tension-free vaginal tape)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy
- Dilation and curettage (often called a D&C)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic cystoscopy
- Lithotripsy (kidney stone break-up)
UF Health North has a dedicated suite for diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopies as well as diagnostic and therapeutic esophagogastroduodenoscopies (for the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine). Anesthesia care is provided for the comfort of our patients.
Cardiology and Interventional Radiology
There is also a suite for minimally invasive procedures, including diagnostic cardiac catheterization. The majority are performed under local anesthesia or with light sedation. General anesthesia is available to patients for procedures that are more involved.
Perioperative services encompasses care throughout the entire surgical experience — before, during and after an operation. At UF Health, we subscribe to a team-based model in which physicians from a variety of specialties work together to provide patients with excellent care and optimal outcomes.
The Perioperative Services department at UF Health North is led by Medical Director Zachary Deutch, MD, a board-certified anesthesiologist and assistant professor at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville. Care is provided by anesthesiologists as well as certified nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologist assistants. Our CRNAs and AAs work under the medical direction and supervision of our anesthesiologists. We use the latest techniques in outpatient surgery, including pain control via ultrasound-guided nerve blocks and aggressive anti-nausea therapy.