At UF Health North, any physician can arrange for your treatment and our
staff will work closely with your doctor's office to facilitate your admission.
Our staff in the Admissions Office will call you prior to the day of admission to
verify information. Your physician or the operating room staff will notify you of
the time to arrive.
If you need financial assistance, you may be asked to provide employer information,
proof of residency in Duval County, income statements and/or credit references.
When you arrive, you will be asked to present your insurance cards and sign necessary
The Admissions Office is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and may be
reached at 904-427-1616.
What to Bring
- Insurance card, credit card or checkbook
- List of all current medications and allergies
- Identification and Social Security cards
- Pajamas or nightgown
- Slippers and robe
- Personal hygiene items, such as brush, comb, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving
- A small amount of money (for newspapers or gift shop items)
- Long-distance phone card
- Maternity patients should bring an outfit for the newborn baby to wear home
What Not to Bring
- Electric hair dryers or other electric appliances
- Excessive clothing
- Heating pads
- Large sums of money
- Linens, towels
- Radios or televisions
- Valuables, jewelry